How many of you took profits as the market rallied so you could put them to use in the correction?
I just booked a $501 gain on 100 shares of Agilent I bought for my newsletter portfolio on August 15, 2007. A $16% gain in just over a month! Booyah!
Correction Statistics for 09/19/07
- Last Market High 07/16/07 at 1,555.90
- Last Market low 08/16/07 at 1,370.69
- Current S&P500 Price 1,536.33
- Decline in Pts 19.57
- Decline in % 1.3%
- Max Decline 11.9%
- This means the correction from high to low has been 11.9% and we are currently 1.3% off the peak.
- The decline off the high on a closing basis has been 9.4%
- More S&P 500 Charts
- Last Market High 07/17/07 at 14,021.95
- Last Market Low 08/16/07 at 12,517.94
- Current DJIA Price 13,853.27
- Decline in Pts 168.68
- Decline in % 1.2%
- Max Decline 10.7%
- This means the correction from high to low has been 10.7% and we are currently 1.2% off the peak.
- The decline off the high on a closing basis has been 8.1%
- More DJIA Charts
Subscribe now and you too can take advantage of market volatility to make extra return.
Click this graph to see the S&P500 bottomed at 1370!
See my article "Using Asset Allocation to make money in a Flat Market" to get a better understanding how I do this.
Sometimes I wish we had this much market volatility every month! 8^)