Visit the Jim Rogers Fan Club
Rogers predicts the dollar will rally now that "everyone is short" but he advises selling dollars on this rally before it collapses.
Rogers, in a video interview with the Financial Times, said the U.S. Federal Reserve and Secretary of the Treasury’s willingness to print money and drive down the greenback is clear. “It doesn’t take a genius to figure out that it’s a currency that’s going to be going down for some time to come."
Rogers on Bernanke:
- "This man is a nut. The dollar is collapsing, commodities are going through the roof, which means inflation's going through the roof. These people are leading us to terrible problems down the line.''
- "Bernanke loves printing money."
Rogers says of FOMC chairman Bernanke's job performance:
- “It’s been a disaster." and "If a 6% decline in the stock market causes the man to go and cut interest rates by a half a percent, when inflation is running rampant, when the dollar is under pressure anyway, what’s he going to do when the market is down 36%? What’s he going to do when we have a real crisis? He’s going to print money until we run out of trees. I don’t want to own U.S. dollars in an environment like that.”
On US Election:
- "A pox on both their houses as far as I am concerned. Both Democrats and Republicans."
- "If Ron Paul gets anywhere near the nomination, I'll support him." "He's the only one with a clue."
- "China is one of the best run governments in the World."
- Says they are having their problems just like the US and UK had when we were emerging world powers.
Bookmark the Jim Rogers Fan Club