We've found the easiest way to listen is to buy the software package "Replay AV" then record the show automatically each Saturday and Sunday to our PCs.
I've been using ReplayAV to record Moneytalk for years and seldom listen live since I can skip the commercials. I've found it can take just over an hour to listen to a full 3 hours of the show due to the numerous commercials and station breaks.
You can then listen to it any time you want and fast forward the numerous commercials. Some upload the recordings to their iPods, iPhones and other MP3 devices to listen away from their computers.
Steps to record the show:
- Try it for free first by downloading ReplayAV here
The download file also includes Replay Converter and Replay Player.
- Once download has finished, click Open or Run from Current Location to begin the installation process.
- Run ReplayAV
- Click "Open Recording Wizard" in the lower left hand of the window.
- Click "Browser the Media Guide"
- Click "Pick from 1330 Radio Shows"
- Type "Bob Brinker" in the "Show Name" box.
- Click "Find Show"
- Select a station from the list and click the little green plus sign that says "Add" under each show description.
For example, click "Add" for "KCMO 710 AM Kansas City, MO" Saturday and Sunday.
- A box called "Edit Show Properties" pops up with the name "Bob Brinker 's Money Talk"
Click "OK" button at the bottom of the window.
- Click "Splitting" tab and check "Split tracks every __ minutes" box and enter 10. I do that so I can listen while recording the show 10 minutes after the hour and skip through commercials.
- If you want to listen on your iPod, under "Basic" tab, set "After Recording, Convert to Audio - M4B iPod Audiobook (32 Kbps)"
Replay Player can play back all formats and this lets you upload the file to your iPod.
- To find where Replay put temporary and final files for the show, click "File" and the "Folders" tab.