Bob Brinker's latest stock market views:
- Brinker is bullish on the stock market, his portfolios are fully invested and his S&P 500 Index target range for 2011 is: Marketimer, December 3, 2010, Bob Brinker said: "....we project a target range in the low-to-mid 1300's for the S&P 500 Index as we move forward in 2011."
- Besides BB's bullish call, there are a bunch more:
- David Kostin, Goldman Sachs, target is 1450.
- Barry Knapp, Barclay’s (BCS) has a 1420 year end target.
- Dan Chung, Alger Funds, hit 1500-plus at some point in the S&P 500 next year.
- Richard Bernstein expects about a 15% rise on the S&P 500 in the next 12 months.
- David Bianco, Bank of America Merrill Lynch, has about 15% in total returns.
- Abby Joseph Cohen, Goldman Sachs,12-month market forecast for the S&P is 1450.
- Bob Doll, Black Rock, double digit returns, including dividends.
Interesting to compare what Brinker was saying three years ago before the market dropped over 57%:
- January 4, 2008 Marketimer, Page 3; Paragraph 1; (S&P 1468.36), Bob Brinker said: "In summary....conditions are favorable for the market as we enter 2008. We expect the S&P 500 Index to achieve new record highs this year and to reach the 1600's range in the process. We continue to rate the market attractive for purchase on any weakness into the S&P 500 index mid-1400's range. Above that range we prefer a dollar-cost- average approach for new purchases. All Marketimer Model Portfolios remain fully invested as we enter 2008......And I believe those new all-time-historic-record highs will develop as we move into 2009."
In 2009, "Kirk's Newsletter Explore Portfolio" gained 33.5% vs. the DJIA up 18.8%
2010 YTD my "Explore Portfolio" is up 20.7% YTD
(the explore portfolio has 70% in equities and 30% in fixed income so the stocks are doing very, very well)