Next Sunday you can Listen Live to Moneytalk with Bob Brinker at:
Hour 1: In the monologue, Bob Brinker discusses the Greek bailout.
- Bob says Greece got $123B 5 yrs ago, another $146B 2 yrs ago for a total of $269B.
- Now Greece needs more money but does not want to cut government payments to Greek Citizens.
- Bob told callers they should not pay off 3% home loans. (I agree with this and have advised my subscribers that a 3% loan for some of your net worth is a great inflation hedge, especially since the Federal government subsidizes it with tax deduction.)
- 42:40 Dale: Bob would hold on to I-Bonds with 1.4% base rate even though they currently pay zero for the next six months. I agree, see New Series I Bond Rates
- 45:20 Deborah: Bob said paying $600 a year to get help for managing a $200,000 portfolio at Vanguard is fine with him. (The core portfolio funds in my newsletter are similar to what Vanguard will recommend and it only costs $150 a year!)
- Listen at Money Talk - 5/17/15 Hr 1