- Bob Brinker's August 2017 Market Outlook.
- Marketimer Allocations
- Advice for new money.
- Series I-Bonds
- Timer Digest Update
- Link to Listen Live on internet radio
- Newsletter Special Offer - August Issue for Free!
- says you can get a PE of 17 to 18 times earnings
- projects the S&P 500 earnings will be $140 in 2018
- thus the market has a "potential" for mid-2500s "going forward."
[18 x $140 = $2,520]
- At the time of publication, the S&P500 was $2470.30 so $2534 (the lower end of mid $2500s or $2534 to $2567) is only a gain of 2.6%. Thus, he's not going out on a very big limb with that projection.
- Model Portfolio's one and two are 100% in stock funds
- Model Portfolio three is listed as 50% in stocks but I calculate he has 56% in stocks which means he's more bullish than "balanced."
- Bob continues to recommend a "dollar-cost-average approach, especially during periods of market weakness" but gives no guidance on what he considers weakness or why not just do a typical dollar-cost-average no matter what the market does. This waiting for "weakness" has kept a good number of individual investors on the sidelines missing this great opportunity to make a lot of money!
- Bob didn't mention Series-I US Savings bonds in the latest Marketimer but he has talked about them in the past on his radio show, Moneytalk.
- I have iBonds in my "Explore Portfolio" of "Kirk Lindstrom's Investment Letter." I think iBonds are a good, conservative investment that will keep pace with inflation and defer taxes thus they are great for taxable savings when you are in a high bracket.
- Read more at: Current Series I Bond Rates and Historical Series I Bond Rates
- Here is an update from the August 9, 2017 Timer Digest Hotline. (Bob Brinker isn't mentioned but I am in the top 10.)
- Last week I added to GE (charts) at $25 and change. I last took profits in GE last year at $32.50. It may go lower, but I like the juicy yield here and I have more buy targets in my newsletter to get more shares as I "dollar cost average" back into stocks after I take profits at higher levels. Send for a free sample issue if you wish to learn more how I do this.
- Here is an update from the August 7, 2017 Timer Digest Newsletter. Bob Brinker isn't mentioned but I am in the top 10 for 1-year and I am tied for first place in "Long-Term" timing.
- Get a Free Issue of Timer Digest here
#6 Click to Listen Live at KFNN from 1-4PM PST, 4-7PM EST
#7 Newsletter Special Offer
- Subscribe NOW and get my August 2017 Issue for Free!
- Your 1 year, 12 issue subscription will start with next month's issue.
- Get email alerts when I buy or sell securities for my explore portfolio. My "Auto Buy" and "Auto Sell" levels are set ahead of time for target buy and sell levels for my securities. This allows you to place "limit orders" with your broker in advance so you can go about your business.
- Unlike "others," I will answer All questions about what I write by Email. If what I write is not clear to you, just ask!