Note in the chart above I show the 200 DMA [200 day moving average or MA(200)] for the S&P500. During the bull market, the 200 DMA is support but during bear markets, it becomes resistance.
2007-2008 Bear Market Statistics 08/03/08
Last Market High 10/11/07 at 1,576.09DJIA Charts
Last Market low 07/11/08 at 1,200.44
Current S&P500 Price 1,260.31
Decline in Pts 315.78
Decline in % 20.0%
Max Decline 23.8%
- =>This means the decline from intraday high to intraday low is 23.8% and we are currently 20.0% off the peak.
- =>The decline in the S&P500 from the closing high to the closing low was 22.4%... so far! Lets hope that is all.
Last Market High 10/11/07 at 14,279.96
Last Market Low 07/15/08 at 10,827.71
Current DJIA Price 11,326.32
Decline in Pts 2,953.64
Decline in % 20.7%
Max Decline 24.2%
- =>This means the decline from high to low has been 24.2% and we are currently 20.7% off the peak.
- =>The decline in the DOW off the closing high to the closing low was 22.6%
Last Market High 10/31/07 at 2,861.51Lets hope the bottom is in and Brinker does not get an opportunity to issue yet another buy signal in the 1100s or lower!
Last Market Low 03/17/08 at 2,155.42
Current NASDAQ Price 2,310.96
Decline in Pts 550.55
Decline in % 19.2%
Max Decline 24.7%
- =>This means the decline from intraday high to intraday low is 24.7% and we are currently 19.2% off the peak.
- =>The decline in the NASDAQ off the closing high to the closing low was 24.1%
Major World Market Graphs At A Glance: Daily 5 Days 1 Yr
To find out how I've profited greatly from these difficult market conditions, subscribe to "Kirk Lindstrom's Investment Newsletter" today!
- Since 1/1/1999 through 7/31/08 my "explore" portfolio is up 180% while the S&P500 is only up 19% and Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway is only up 62%
- Subscribe TODAY and get the August 2008 issue for FREE!